Wednesday, October 16, 2013

SEPTEMBER 8, 2013


September 8, 2013 was a day I will never forget. It was my second anniversary with my boyfriend but I had to work. When I was on my way to work I had no idea how much my life was about to change. As soon as I got to work I had no idea checking my email was going to change my life. I got the news my father was dead and just like that tears started to flow. As soon as I clocked it felt like everyone knew. They could tell by the look on my face. No one knew anything it was all in my head. I was clocked in for 5 mins when by boss pulled me aside to ask me what's wrong. I could barley say what had just happened my father was gone. She told me to leave and go be with my family so I did. After that my life has never been the same.

In the beginning I could not eat or sleep. I couldn't stop crying either. It hurt me so bad that he was gone because we were fighting before he died. I didn't get to say goodbye. I held a grudge and now I cant remember why. My father tried reaching out to me before he passed away but I didn't want to hear it. Now I didn't know how I was going to be able to live with the guilt I felt. Sunday my brothers and I dressed in all black and sat at the funeral. I told myself I wont cry this time. When we got to the grave I couldn't take it I screamed and started crying.

Days went by it didn't seem like anything was getting better. I wondered if I would ever be able to not cry again. Things took a turn for the worse within me and I didn't see any way for it to get better. I didn't take my final exam in college and failed. I didn't care about anything or anyone I was just so sad.

I went to church that weekend and my life since has never been the same.. I met Jesus and he came in and turned my life around a complete 180. No longer do I cry or mourn but I am filled with joy because I know where my father is. He is in heaven with the father now.

No comments:

Post a Comment